Fitzsimons Redmond is proud to become a signatory to the Law Society of Ireland’s Professional Wellbeing Charter. We consider ourselves to be a happy, high performing team. We embody principles of kindness, respect and flexibility. Now, while some of our team are working from home, we would like to declare our commitment to wellbeing in the workplace and respectful business practices.
Signatories to the charter promise to:
- Work to create a healthy workplace culture characterised by behaviours and practices that promote effective communication and active listening so the office experience is one of trust, respect, honesty, fairness, compassion and psychological safety.
- Build an environment where leaders promote professional wellbeing and take appropriate action to protect employees’ mental health including holding unprofessional behaviours to account, with consequences.
- Work to reduce stigma associated with mental health in the workplace.
- Build employee and management capacity to support employees’ psychological and mental health concerns and be able to respond effectively to these as needed.
- Strive to create a work environment where tasks and responsibilities can be accomplished within a realistic timeframe and that promotes work/life balance.
- Encourage and support employees in the development of their social and emotional needs, as well as their job skills.
- Nurture a work environment where employees derive a sense of meaning and purpose from their work and are appropriately recognised and rewarded for their work efforts.
- Ensure policies, procedures and processes are in place that safeguard employee psychological safety and mental health.
We are confident that our workplace embodies these commitments and we would be happy to work with other businesses to develop a set of policies that will promote high-performing teams of well and motivated individuals. Please call us on 01- 6763257 if you would like to discuss options for your business.